It’s time to throw out your chemical-laden personal care products and replace them with coconut oil! There are over and above 28 uses of coconut oil for personal hygiene, and another 150 uses of coconut oil for other purposes.
Coconut oil offers a myriad of health benefits too. It is an anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant, improves nutrient absorption, and acts as an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial agent. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
Coconut oil is also readily available at any grocery or health food store. I personally love to use Skinny Coconut Oil, because they are the only producer in the world adhering to true raw standards, and lets face it, their products smell, taste and feel better than any coconut oil product I have used in the past.
What is your favourite way to use coconut oil? Leave a comment below!
Here are 28 uses of coconut oil for all of your personal hygienic needs:
1. Cuticle Cream: Pushing your cuticles back with coconut oil is quite simple – just rub a dab of coconut oil on your cuticles to soften, and then push them back – a little oil goes a long way!
2. After Shave: Helps relieve razor burn. Put it on immediately after shaving to help nourish the hair follicle and heal any irritated skin bits. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
3. Pore Minimizer: If you haven’t used coconut oil for your pores yet, then you should probably consider! Coconut oil tightens up your pores, giving you softer, smoother skin. This also ensures no dirt or bacteria enters your pores, helping to prevent acne.
4. Dandruff: Coconut oil reduces itchiness and flaking of the scalp, thanks to its incredible moisturizing properties. It also helps control oil secretion from the scalp, one major cause of dandruff production in humans and animals alike. Massage coconut oil into your scalp, and leave it in overnight. Rinse out in the morning, and shampoo with some raw vegan hair care products to avoid any harsh chemical irritants that make dandruff even worse.
5. Stretch Mark Cream: Incredibly healing, coconut oil is a great way for nourishing stretched, damaged skin. Apply 3-4 times a day, every day, to help minimize the appearance of your stretch marks.
6. Hair Gel: Want to style your hair with coconut oil? Simply use it in replacement of your regular hair gels, and style as you would normally. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
7. Hair Conditioner/ Deep Treatment: I personally love using coconut oil to deep condition my hair. The results are quite incredible. My hair gets so silky soft and shiny! Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids and nourishes the scalp and hair follicles. Massage 2 tsp. coconut oil (you can melt beforehand if you want by placing it in a bowl, within a bowl of warm water) into your hair, and leave it in for 1 hour or overnight. Rinse out the next day with an all-natural shampoo, and condition with apple cider vinegar. This will reveal glossy, conditioned, beautiful hair.